I’ve been tagged in another award! I’m so grateful and I’d like to thank one of my closest friends, Rachel at Pumble, for the nomination. I’m really excited to answer these questions and hopefully get to know some more about my fellow bloggers along the way.
- Thank the blog who nominated you and link back to them.
- Nominate up to 11 other bloggers to revive the coveted award.
- Answer 11 questions from the blogger who nominated you.
- Tell your readers 11 random facts about yourself.
- Give your nominees 11 questions to answer on their blog when they post their nomination.
It’s Question Time!
How did you pick your blog’s name?
Picking my blogs name was pretty easy to be honest, it’s the handle I use on all my social medias; Instagram, Twitter, Goodreads (all of those are linked by the way ;)). Gracie is because it’s a nickname for my actual name, Grace, and the FM are my initials and it all seemed to fit together quite nicely so I thought I’d use it for my blog. It also gives me the freedom to do whatever I want with my blog, so I’m not tied down to one specific type of blogging.
Knowing what you know now, what advice would you give your 13-year-old-self?
I would tell my 13-year-old-self to be patient. It seems like everyone else has everything coming to them, but if you work hard, get your head down and just wait it will all come to you too; you have the best friends, an amazing boyfriend and you’re on your way to getting your dream job. It does get better, just be patient.
What’s your favourite TV show?
Now this is a very complicated question! I do not have one favourite programme, I have a very long list of favourite programmes! So instead of boring you all with that list I’ll instead focus on one of my favourite genres of tv show, crime shows. I am a sucker for a group of people working together to solve a different crime each episode, some of my favourites include Bones, Criminal Minds, Lie To Me, White Collar and CSI: Cyber. If you like the crime show genre then you will have probably already watched these, but if not then do. I cannot recommend these shows to you enough. Leave a comment letting me know your opinions on them, or tell me your recommendations if you’re a fan of the genre.
What are three things you cannot live without?
The obvious answer to this question is family and friends, but instead I am going to discount those and list material objects instead. The first thing I cannot live without is my laptop; it’s where I keep all my university notes, my pictures and where I blog from. The second thing I cannot live without is my book collection; this includes normal novels, graphic novels, colouring books, ebooks, all of them. They’re what kept me going as a child and they’re what help calm me down now. Nothing makes me happier than a good book. The last thing I can’t live without is a cheat one, because I know I said I wasn’t going to do friends and family but I’m choosing my dog, Ozzy. I have been begging for a dog for as long as I can remember and my family finally gave in 2 years ago and I could not be happier. I love my dog more than anything and I definitely could not live without him!
Who is your favourite fictional character?
My favourite fiction character is not a character but characters. I don’t think you can really separate these two characters from each other so I’m naming them both; Fred and George Weasley. I think we all knew that I was going to choose a character from the Harry Potter series and these two have always been my favourites, my bring a much needed lightheartedness to the darker parts of the books and they never failed to make me laugh out loud.
What is your most prized possession?
My most prized possession is my teddy bear, Alice. I have had her since I was a baby and she used to go everywhere with me, she has had a lot of operations to make sure she stays in tact this long and I could not be more grateful for that. My nan spent a lot of time fixing her for me, even using her own nightgowns to save her, so not only does she hold a lot of childhood memories for me she is also a lasting memory of my nan. She still goes with me, not quite everywhere but she is at university with me and when I move on from there she will be coming with me again.
Describe yourself in three words.
Patient, imaginative (I like to think) and daydreamer.
What is your guiltiest pleasure?
My guilty pleasure links back to the question above about my favourite tv show, it’s another genre that I constantly watch but it is definitely not something that people brag about. I love American reality shows, from Survivor to Project Runway, I watch a lot of them. The drama, the over exaggerations, the taking everything so seriously, I just love it.
What single quality do you most appreciate in people?
The quality I most appreciate in people is a kind sense of humour. A lot of people thing they need to pick on others to get laughs, but I appreciate someone who can make me laugh, and others, without using others as their punch line.
What’s your favourite post that you’ve written? (Link, please!)
My favourite post that I have written was my latest book haul. This was because I was finally allowing myself to buy more books in the first place so I got very excited and it was my first step into book photography (which I’m hoping to step into more frequently). I loved being able to share my buys with my readers so that is my favourite post, the link for which you can find here.
11 Random Facts about Myself:
- I am a chocoholic, I have been trying to cut down on my snacking because I know it is not helping me at all, but I just can’t help it! It’s the only thing I want when I want a snack and if there is none in the house then I will make Spencer come to the shop with me to get some.
- I have started growing my make-up collection over the last few months, I don’t have a clue what I’m doing with it all but I’m learning slowly. Hopefully some day I will be able to make myself look slightly different.
- My favourite meal to cook with Spencer is tortilla boats with mince and lots and lots of cheese! The packed says the meal is supposed to serve 3-4 people, but Spencer and I double the quantities and finish it off between the two of us.
- I need to clear out my wardrobe, it is full to the brim and I wear probably less than half the stuff in there. I desperately need to clean it out, and that means I can fill it back up again with clothes I will wear!
- I have decided that, after my short disappearance from the blogging world, I really need to organise my life better. I’ve tried loads of different ways to do this but none of them have worked for a long period of time, so I’ve been scouring the internet for different methods that can help me. I’m hoping to find one before I start my final her, of my second year at university.
- I have a small addiction to phone games. The ones I am constantly playing at the moment are Candy Crush Jelly, Candy Crush Soda, Farm Heroes Saga, Tsum Tsum and Marvel Avengers Academy.
- I have a slight stationary addiction, anything that comes in pretty colours and writes I want.
- I can’t burp, I don’t have a clue why but it just doesn’t happen for me. This means fizzy drinks are a bit of a nuisance for me, I like drinking them but a pint of coke can last me a whole night.
- I’m considering doing an online British Sign Language course, I know the alphabet and a few ASL signs but they won’t be very useful here, and I’m hoping it will help me in the future as a teacher. You get the course lessons for one year, so I’m waiting until I have more free time to commit to it.
- After I finish university I would like to train to become a primary school teacher, however my dream is to be a writer. I just don’t have good enough ideas or a good writing style to be able to do that.
- I have a terrible immune system, especially when it comes to colds. It has gotten better as I’ve gotten older but a cold can still have me bed ridden for days when I do get them. I don’t know why they affect me so terribly but they do and I hate it!
- Beth @ReadingEveryNight
- Girl With A Pen
- Chelsie @ChelsiesBookAddiction
- Brittany @TheDreamCarriers
- Jamie @TheRebelliousReader
- Megan @PapersPensAndPeridot
- Felicia @FeliciaSueLynnReviews
- Emily @TheLittleBookAffair
- Annalise @AnnaliseBooks
- Annemieke @ADanceWithBooks
- Where is your favourite place in the world and why?
- What subject do you wish you knew more about?
- Where is your favourite spot to read?
- What fictional character do you want to be more like?
- What is your favourite take away food?
- Who is your ultimate OTP? (You can only pick one!)
- What is the one thing you cannot leave the house without?
- What is your favourite spotify playlist to work/read/blog to? (Leave a link!)
- If you could go to any fictional world where would you go and why?
- What book would you recommend to someone who wants to start getting into reading?
- What is your favourite drink to settle down to read with?
Anyone else who wants to take part you are welcome to use my questions! Just tag me in your post so I can see your answers and learn more about you!